Rural Is Good; Rural Is Sacred
j***@gmail.com
2019-08-16 18:22:53 UTC
I grew up in rural Western North Carolina smoking rabbit tobacco, munching chinquapins, learning how to cuss, stalking rabbits and squirrels through the woods, jumping out of the way of timber rattlers, taking sips of moonshine, dipping my toes into the creeks and swimming holes, chasing corn-fed girls, and locking the wheels of my hotrod onto the shoulders of the curves so that centrifugal force would not throw me into the Ivy River.

What in the hell has happened to this newsgroup?
Dean Hoffman
2019-08-17 11:05:03 UTC
Post by j***@gmail.com
I grew up in rural Western North Carolina smoking rabbit tobacco, munching chinquapins, learning how to cuss, stalking rabbits and squirrels through the woods, jumping out of the way of timber rattlers, taking sips of moonshine, dipping my toes into the creeks and swimming holes, chasing corn-fed girls, and locking the wheels of my hotrod onto the shoulders of the curves so that centrifugal force would not throw me into the Ivy River.
What in the hell has happened to this newsgroup?
Just guessin' that the former denizens are either in rest homes or
cemeteries. It was interesting at one time. There were people from
Australia, Britain, and some Americans.
Plus the number of farmers continues to decline. I see all sorts of
abandoned farmsteads in east central Nebraska. I grew on a farm and can
point to some spots where there were farmsteads. Now there are fields.
Colonel Edmund J. Burke
2019-08-23 20:07:40 UTC
Did your dad teach you how to do blumpkins, little feller?
Colonel Edmund J. Burke
2019-08-26 12:39:37 UTC
Did my dad teach you how to do blumpkins, little feller?
The fruit don't fall far from the tree, Neal.  LOL
I got yer neal hangin'.
r***@yahoo.com
2019-09-29 16:01:43 UTC
I still live rural and always will. Been making more roads in my woods lately to access more firewood. Deer and fisher cats are much better neighbors than people.
Colonel Edmund J. Burke
2019-10-01 19:48:20 UTC
r***@yahoo.com
2019-10-04 01:56:35 UTC
Is that guy rural? Never seen him.
Colonel Edmund J. Burke
2019-10-10 20:49:00 UTC
Yer part of the problem, asshole. Deforesting the goddamned countryside for some fucking heat. Buy a fucking furnace, asswipeQ
r***@yahoo.com
2019-10-11 22:22:29 UTC
I have a furnace but much prefer wood heat. It’s much cozier and stuff. You should try it.