near Macton
h***@ccanoemail.com
2023-06-10 22:05:15 UTC
for Dean -
we're the only two olde fharts posting / reading here ..

:-)

John T.

https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=699931895481843&set=pcb.699932278815138

ps : my old Grandad who I never met was born in/near Macton.
Dean Hoffman
2023-06-12 13:16:56 UTC
for Dean -
we're the only two olde fharts posting / reading here ..
:-)
he o
John T.
https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=699931895481843&set=pcb.699932278815138
ps : my old Grandad who I never met was born in/near Macton.
I like the picture showing the horses pulling a planter that probably wasn't built until the 1970s or so.
Both of my parents grew up in south central Nebraska. One room school houses.
Dad had a manure spreader that looked something like this one.
It was originally horse drawn. He had a mower and a two row corn planter that were too. My parents grew up during the Great Depression. They didn't throw much away. A penny saved is better than a penny earned.